What are my choices when searching for a local solar business?
- Sole trade solar electricians – local
- Solar businesses with contractors. The business may not be local but the contractors are.
- Solar businesses with employed electricians – local
Sole trade solar electricians
- – Cheaper parts can be used
- – Poor panel placement choices (in shaded areas) due to time pressure or laziness
- – Insufficient or poor bracket setup for panels
- – Bad cable runs
- – Poor roof protection with access holes
- – Poor electrical safety prevention
Local Solar businesses who use contract solar electricians
Local Solar businesses with employed electricians
Deciding on a solar installer
- – Do an ABN check – how long have they been in business for and where is their office?
- – Read reviews on them – Are the reviews mostly good? Do they have reviews from your town or can they provide local references?
- – Ask to speak with their local installer if there is no evidence of a local sales history. How long have they been working together?
- – Are they a Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer? CEC approved installers are a basic requirement for every solar installation – an approved retailer is working to the only ACCC approved consumer code of conduct in Australia.
GI Energy supports long term local business
- South East Queensland (Gold Coast to Toowoomba and to the Sunshine Coast)
- South West Queensland (Dalby, Chinchilla, Roma etc)
- Gladstone, Rockhampton
- Emerald, Biloela
- Townsville, Charters Towers
- Cairns, Port Douglas
- Mt Isa
- Port Macquarie
- 2 teams in Perth
What do you get from GI Energy?
- Phone support for general trouble shooting
- Ongoing electricity bill review support
- Ongoing electricity usage support
- Maintenance service and advice
- Live monitoring support, advice and training
- Proactive coordination of onsite support
- Warranty claim coordination
- Problem resolution and escalation