Q CELLS was founded in Germany in 1999 and focussed completely on designing and developing solar panels and related equipment. In 2012 Q CELLS was acquired by Hanwha Group, a South Korean conglomerate, and became Hanwha Q CELLS. Hanwha, founded in 1952, is a Fortune 500 company (and has been for 14 years). This means it is one of the largest companies in the world, with revenues of ~US$44bn.
Read our Q CELLS review here
- German engineered, Korean manufactured, head office in Sydney
- Class-leading R&D, including Anti-LID, Anti-LeTID, and Tra.Q
- Parent company has been around for 67 years
- Tested in Alice Springs
- Warranty: 25 year product, 25 year performance
Fronius began way back in 1945 in a small Austrian (not Australian) village, where Günter Fronius started a battery charger company. That’s right – for 75 years Fronius have been involved in electricity generation and storage. They’ve been in solar since 1992; longer than most popular solar panel manufacturers. Fronius International truly are one of the grandfathers of the industry.
Read our Fronius review here
- Austrian designed and manufactured, head office in Sydney
- Widely seen as the best inverter available worldwide
- Doing solar for almost 30 years; in business for almost 80.
- Available in single- and three-phase from 3kW to 27kW (and soon 100kW), plus hybrid options
- Warranty: 5 years (or 5+5)